Pages

Thursday 10 March 2011

Beats N forts N beats
















As I had mentioned in my previous post I would be taking part in an exhibition that had been organised by by flatmate, MWX at project slogan called beats n forts. My friend Julie arrived on the Wednesday and we were hard at it constructing a geodesic dome fort and practicing our set. Julie was primarily the cheif dome builder as she is a furniture maker i knew she'd love the challenge. I printed some of my designs on to the dome as another way to present them. it's the first time Julie and i have made music together and something we both want to continue doing.
after nearly a full day of putting the forts together each artist got in the there fort and played their beats. The whole event was a total success and it was great to do something other than design for a garment and product and also the collaboration between sculpture and music which is essentially where my design ideas stem from.

No comments:

Post a Comment