Pages

Wednesday 28 July 2010

Amapo


Amapo are a duo from Brazil. Their designs are bold ,bright and heavy on the graphics. They use mainly digital print as it's the best way for them to translate they're designs which have a zillion colours so to screen print would probably be a bit of nightmare! They're influences are a vibrant combo of surf, emo, the 80's and they're own childhood, as these ladies are in they're 30's it's easy to see from the designs how the 80's plays a big part on the designs.

I am loving these two at the moment. As I grew up in the 80's I think it plays a huge part on my style and how I design. I am all for bold, bright and vibrant use of colour, not to mention patterns.

http://thecreatorsproject.com/en-uk/creators/amapo

A video and interview with Amapo.

No comments:

Post a Comment